Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bumbleberry Cobbler

When I was younger and someone asked me if I would like some bumbleberry fruit with my ice cream, I didn't know what to think. I had never heard of bumbleberry. Not untill I reached my teens did I discover that it was a mix of berry fruits.

This bumbleberry recipe is one of my favourite berry fruit blends, although I'm still partial to anything with blueberries.


  • 1 Cup all-purpose four

  • 1/2 Cup sugar

  • 1 & 1/2 Tsp. baking powder

  • 1/2 Tsp. ground cinnamon

  • 1/2 Tsp. salt

  • 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)

  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil

  • 2 Tbsp. milk

  • 1 Tsp. vanilla

  • 1 Cup fresh or frozen raspberries

  • 1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries

  • 1 Cup sliced strawberries (fresh or frozen)

  • 3/4 Cup sugar

  • 1/2 Cup water

Stir first 5 ingredients together in bowl.

Add eggs, olive oil, milk and vanilla. Mix well. Turn into ungreased 3 & 1/2 quart crock pot.

Measure remaining 5 ingredients into saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, until boiling. Pour over batter in crock pot. Place 5 paper towels between top of crock pot and lid. Cook on high for 1 & 3/4 to 2 hours.

No comments:

 
Site Meter