Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Brown Spice Cookies

While I was growing up my mother used to buy these great spice cakes but unfortunately they stoppeds making them. I found this recipe some time ago and it surprised me when I found out they taste exactly the same as that cake I used to have years ago.

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 Cup of butter or margarine (softened)

  • 1 Cup of sugar

  • 1 Cup of dark corn syrup

  • 2 Tsp. cinnamon

  • 1 Tsp. ground cloves

  • 1/2 Tsp. of baking soda mixed with 1 Tsp. water

  • 3 3/4 to 4 Cups flour

Cream butter or margarine with sugar and corn syrup. Stir in cinnamon, cloves and
baking soda mixture.

Add flour a little at a time, mixing well after each addition until stiff
dough forms. Cover dough and refrigerate until firm.

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Roll dough into logs about 1-inch in diameter and slice crosswise into 1-inch-thick rounds.

Bake on ungreased cookie sheets until lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.

No comments:

 
Site Meter